Share My Lesson birthday competition – register, upload or download resources to win weekly prizes
Terms and conditions
This promotion is open to new and existing members of Share My Lesson (www.sharemylesson.com) aged 18 years or older and residing in the United States.
The promoter of this prize draw is Share My Lesson.
To participate in this promotion, you must register as a member of Share My Lesson, or upload or download a resource before midnight Eastern Time on July 31, 2013.
To be eligible, you must be an education professional. This includes teachers, paraprofessionals and school support personnel of public and private schools and colleges, both active and retired. We reserve the right to verify that all winners are legitimate education professionals, and we reserve the right to select another winner if this condition is not met.
• Each week you can win one of the following prizes:
- 30 Share My Lesson tumblers with $20 Starbucks® gift cards
- 30 Share My Lesson messenger bags
- 20 Roku LTs $50 value
- 20 $100 gift certificates from www.spafinder.com
• Weekly drawings will take place June 10, 17, 24 and July 1, 8, 15, 22 and August 1 2013 and will include:
- 4 random registrants
- 4 random uploaders (of at least one resource)
- 4 random downloaders (of at least one resource)
• For the August 1 2013 drawing we will select:
- 6 random registrants
- 5 random uploaders (of at least one resource)
- 5 random downloaders (of at least one resource)
- This will complete the 100 winners.
• With each prize drawing date, we will randomly select 12 users in the past week who are eligible. As long as you do not win one week, you can still enter in all subsequent weeks (applies to uploaders and downloaders only.)
• You will be entered into the contest for each upload, download and registration that this made.
• The prizes each week are picked at random and will be sent directly to the address the winners provide.
• The decision of the promoter is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
• The winners will be selected at random by an independent person who is not employed by Share My Lesson, the American Federation of Teachers or TSL Education Limited.
• The promotion will run from June 1, 2013, to July 31, 2013, at midnight Eastern Time. Only Share My Lesson members who register, upload or download resources before the closing date of the competition are eligible for the drawings.
• By participating in the promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and that the decision of Share My Lesson is final and binding in all matters relating to this promotion.
• The winners will be contacted by e-mail within 48 hours of the drawing. If any winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of prize notification, or is not able or available to accept the prize for any reason beyond the promoter's reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve winner, selected at the same time as the original winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
• The prize will be awarded on condition that the winner agrees to take part in reasonable Share My Lesson publicity requests, as appropriate, without further recompense. If the winner does not meet this condition, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve winner, selected at the same time as the original winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
• Details of the prize winner’s first name, city and state will be available for three months after the close of this promotion by writing to the promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
• The name, city, state and photograph of the winner may be used by the promoter and its associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The winner agrees to allow the promoter to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
• In addition to the use specified above, the promoter will use the winner’s personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion and the provision of the payment. Your details will not be passed on to any third party.
• There are no alternative payments available, in whole or in part, except the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value if necessary due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the promoter. Payment will be received within 30 days of the closing date.
• This promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with U.S. law.
• The promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion, and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on this website and/or in other printed materials) or where there has been error in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage, in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control, only where circumstances make this unavoidable.
• Employees and agents of Share My Lesson, the AFT and TSL Education Limited, or of any company connected with the production or distribution of the promotion or any of their associated companies, are not eligible to take part in this promotion; their relatives and members of their families or households also are not eligible. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.
• Entry in this promotion is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By registering on the Share My Lesson website, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
• To find out the winner, please visit www.sharemylesson.com/birthday within three months of the closing date.
• No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
• Void where prohibited.
• Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
Release and Limitation of Liability
By entering, participants release and hold harmless the promoter, respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and related entities (collectively, "releasees") from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize from this sweepstakes or arising out of participation in this sweepstakes. The promoter assumes no responsibility or liability for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes; (2) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software; or failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant's participation in the sweepstakes or from the receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Force Majeure Clause
The failure of the releasees to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the releasees (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
Except where prohibited or otherwise outlined in these Official Rules, the entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in the District of Columbia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, as well as any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and sponsor in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District of Columbia.
All applicable federal, state and local tax liabilities, and any other incidental expenses, fees or costs associated with the receipt or use of any prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Promoter: Share My Lesson, 1101 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 7701, Washington, DC 20004