Share and win an iPad
Terms and conditions
- This promotion is open to members of Share My Lesson (www.sharemylesson.com) residing in the United States, aged 18 years or older.
- This promotionis open to members of TES Connect (www.tesconnect.com) residing in the United States, aged 18 or over.
- The promoter of this contest is Share My Lesson.
- To be eligible, you must be an education professional. This includes teachers, paraprofessionals and school support personnel of public and private schools and colleges, both active and retired. We reserve the right to verify that all winners are legitimate education professionals, and we reserve the right to select another winner if this condition is not met.
- To be eligible, you will need to upload your teaching resources to www.sharemylesson.com between Feb. 1 and March 28, 2013.
- There are eight competition weeks, which run as follows:
- Week 1 = Opens 12:00 a.m. EST Feb. 1, 2013; closes 11:59 p.m. EST Feb. 7, 2013
- Week 2 = Opens 12:00 a.m. EST Feb. 8, 2013; closes 11:59 p.m. EST Feb. 14, 2013
- Week 3 = Opens 12:00 a.m. EST Feb. 15, 2013; closes 11:59 p.m. EST Feb. 21, 2013
- Week 4 = Opens 12:00 a.m. EST Feb. 22, 2013; closes 11:59 p.m. EST Feb. 28, 2013
- Week 5 = Opens 12:00 a.m. EST March 1, 2013; closes 11:59 p.m. EST March 7, 2013
- Week 6 = Opens 12:00 a.m. EST March 8, 2013; closes 11:59 p.m. EDT March 14, 2013
- Week 7 = Opens 12:00 a.m. EDT March 15, 2013; closes 11:59 p.m. EDT March 21, 2013
- Week 8 = Opens 12:00 a.m. EDT March 22, 2013; closes 11:59 p.m. EDT March 28, 2013
- In each competition week, the member who submits the most qualifying teaching resources will win a 16GB Wi-Fi iPad.
- A member who wins one competition week is ineligible to win the remaining competition weeks.
- All qualifying resources must be uploaded before the closing date of March 28, 2013, by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- For the purposes of this promotion, a qualifying resource is defined as:
- At least one file (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) upload per resource page. A Web link on its own to other resources’ websites will not qualify for entry.
- Original material, created by the person who submitted the resource.
- Appropriate content for the intended target audience and learning objective.
- Correctly mapped to a subject/topic on the site, with a meaningful description (including, where necessary, details such as learning objective and how to use the resource) and a title.
- Appropriate classifications added to each resource page – i.e., the grade, subject and topic (and subtopic, if relevant).
- Titles and descriptions of resources must not be duplicated. Any resources with duplicate titles will NOT be counted. Descriptions should not be a repeat of the title and must be descriptive of what the resource is – e.g., what is it? how can it be used?
- For the purposes of this promotion, each file uploaded or embedded will count as a separate resource. It does not matter if these files are uploaded to one or many resource details pages, although for the sake of other users we encourage you to group your resources logically. Please do not upload files on their own if they do not make sense in isolation.
- Resources must be unique – i.e., not a duplicate resource or a previously published resource that was taken down and then republished in the promotion time frame.
- Resources uploaded with negligible differences between the original and the duplicate will NOT be considered qualifying resources and will therefore not be counted – e.g., resources created using a template with minor variations applied.
- In the interest of fairness, resources that have been created using any kind of online generator, template or macro, etc., will not be considered. Using such software to maximize number of resources will be considered an unfair advantage over other entrants.
- Any resources not considered by the promoter, in its absolute discretion, to be qualifying entries in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be counted as part of the number of submissions and may be removed from the site. We reserve the right to disqualify any resources we deem unacceptable, so please bear this in mind before you upload a resource. We reserve the right to disqualify a user completely from the promotion if the first five resources we audit do not meet the requirements of these terms and conditions.
- The decision of the promoter is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Joint entries are not permissible.
- Resources must remain on the site for at least one year after the closing date of the competition. We reserve the right to revoke any prizes awarded if resources are removed.
- All winners will be contacted by e-mail within five business days of the promotion closing date. If no response to this contact is received within 14 days, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve winner selected at the same time as the original.
- The decision of the promoter is final.
- No cash or other prize alternative will be offered in whole or in part, except, owing to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed with the promoter, all prizes will be awarded directly to the winners.
- The prize will be awarded on condition that the winner agrees to take part in reasonable Share My Lesson publicity requests, as appropriate, without further recompense. If this condition is not met by the winner, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to the person with the next-highest amount of qualifying resource uploads or the next person randomly selected as a winner.
- Details of the prize winner’s first name, city and state will be available for three months after the close of this promotion by writing to the promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
- The name, city, state and photograph of the winner may be used by the promoter and its associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The winner agrees to allow the promoter to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- In addition to the use specified above, the promoter will use the winner’s personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion and the provision of the payment. Your details will not be passed on to any third party.
- This promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with U.S. law.
- The promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entry if it is believed the entrant does not hold the copyrights or have the permissions necessary to qualify the resource as his or her original work.
- The promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion, and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on this website and/or in other printed materials) or where there has been error in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage, in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control, only where circumstances make this unavoidable.
- Employees and agents of Share My Lesson, the AFT and TSL Education Limited, or of any company connected with the production or distribution of the promotion or any of their associated companies, are not eligible to take part in this promotion; their relatives and members of their families or households also are not eligible. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.
- Entry in this promotion is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. By sharing your resources on the Share My Lesson website, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
- To find out the winner, please visit www.sharemylesson.com/ipadupload within three months of the closing date.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household.
- Winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release and completed IRS W-9 form within 30 days of issuance.
Release and Limitation of Liability
By entering, participants release and hold harmless the sponsor, respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and related entities (collectively, “releasees”) from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize from or arising out of participation in this contest. The sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (1) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or alteration of entries; or unauthorized access to entries; (2) any incorrect or inaccurateinformation, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest; (3) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software; or failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this contest or downloading any materials in this contest; (4) technical or human error that may occur in the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Force Majeure Clause
The failure of the releasees to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the releasees (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
Except where prohibited or otherwise outlined in these Official Rules, the entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in the District of Columbia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, as well as any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District of Columbia.
All applicable federal, state and local tax liabilities, and any other incidental expenses, fees or costs associated with the receipt or use of any prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Promoter: Share My Lesson, 555 New Jersey, Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20001