Librada Paz: Struggles of Farmworkers in the U.S.
Last updated October 08 2013 , created September 05 2012 , viewed 1,894
This lesson is aligned with the Common Core Standards. Students will come to understand: the role migrant farm workers play in getting food from the fields to our plates; the history of farm workers rights in the United States; and the continuing struggle for farm worker justice in New York State.
Downloads and web links
- Grade 6 / English Language Arts / Reading Standards for Informational Text (258)
- Grade 6 / Social Studies / Civics and Government (1690)
- Grade 7 / English Language Arts / Speaking and Listening (256)
- Grade 7 / Social Studies / Current Events (750)
- Grade 8 / Social Studies (5114)
- Grade 8 / English Language Arts / Writing (1110)
|Comment||Report or delete comment||Rating|
I just met Librada this week in Albany, NY and could not wait to get home to look over the lesson. I am sharing it and look forward to my students learning about her and her fight for Justice for Farm Workers.I know my students will become interested in joining the fight for Farm Workers after learning about their struggles.from justsandiegirl, March 08 2013
|Report a problem with this resource|